How to make a complaint

It is usually best to contact the agency, provider or organisation you are having issues with, before contacting the Office. It can usually address your complaint quickly or review the decision it made.

The Office can assist to resolve your complaint by investigating the process if the agency, provider or organisation does not change its decision or offer a better explanation of the decision.

Sometimes we will help you to make a complaint to the agency, provider or organisation the complaint is about If you are not satisfied with the result. you can come back to us with your complaint.

Sometimes we don’t have the power to assist. In this case we will refer you to the right complaint-handling body to they can help you.

How to make a complaint

You can contact us to make a complaint using our online complaint formby telephone, in person, in writing or by fax.

If you are making the complaint on behalf of someone else, you will need to complete our Permission for another person to act on my behalf form, and ensure you have their permission to make the complaint.