The Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman (the Office) provides a professional and impartial complaint-handling and investigation service to the Australian community. Working with us will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference and impact how people experience and interact with government services.
You will also be part of an organisation that:
- continuously strives to improve the quality of service provided to clients
- endeavors to create an encouraging and rewarding working environment.
- recognises the importance of a healthy work life balance.
We employ people from a variety of professional backgrounds that enables our workforce to be innovative and successful. We support the professional development of all employees, providing them with skills to progress their career to the next level.
We are a great place to work!
- See our list of current vacancies on our website, or in the Australian Public Service Gazette.
- Find out how to apply.
Benefits and conditions
Our Office values diversity, inclusion and flexible working conditions. First Nations people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Office’s Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Strategy provides a framework for diversity and inclusion across the Office and details our ongoing commitment to building a workplace that is fair, accessible, flexible and inclusive.
The Office's conditions are set out in the:
- Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020 (please note these conditions are applicable only to non-SES vacancies), and
- 2020 Determination under section 24(1) of the Public Service Act 1999
- 2022 Determination under section 24(1) of the Public Service Act 1999