Our purpose is to:
- provide assurance that the agencies and entities we oversee act with integrity and treat people fairly
- influence systemic improvement in government administration.
We aim to achieve our purpose by:
- independently and impartially reviewing complaints and disclosures about government administrative action
- influencing government agencies to be accountable, lawful, fair, transparent and responsive
- providing a level of assurance that law enforcement, integrity and regulatory agencies are complying with legal requirements when using covert, intrusive and coercive powers.