The Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman (the Office) works with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade to facilitate a number of partnership programs with Ombudsman offices and integrity agencies in the Indo-Pacific region. The current programs are with the following bodies:
- Ombudsman Republik of Indonesia
- Ombudsman Commission of Papua New Guinea
- Office of the Ombudsman of Samoa and the Samoa Audit Office
- Office of the Ombudsman Solomon Islands and Leadership Code Commission.
These programs are built on collaborative relationships of mutual trust, respect, professionalism, sharing of ideas and open dialogue at all levels.
We work closely with our international partners to:
- strengthen the relationships between our Office and our international partners, as well as building relationships between similar organisations in the Indo-Pacific region
- foster and share best practice across our partnerships and the wider Indo-Pacific region
- strengthen institutional capacity at all levels.
We achieve this by building linkages and understanding between our Office and our international partners, facilitating the sharing of lessons and mechanisms to overcome challenges and developing and supporting mentoring relationships, internship programs and building networks through joint activities and events.
For more information about the International Program, please contact us.