How to make a complaint
NOTE: Before we can accept your complaint you must give the postal operator the opportunity to resolve it through their complaint service. If you have tried, but you can’t sort the problem out with the company yourself, we can help you and the company reach a resolution. See Before you make a complaint for more details.
Information you will need to give us
- Your contact details (name, phone, fax, email, address). You can make an anonymous complaint or a complaint on behalf of another person. Further information is available here
- The name of the postal operator
- The type of postal service involved (and if relevant, the subject address)
- Full details of your complaint date
- The outcome you are seeking
- The complaint reference number provided by the postal operator when you contacted them
- Copies of any relevant correspondence you may have received from the postal operator.
Lodge a complaint
- Online: Use our online form.
- By Phone: The office is open 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, Australian Eastern Standard Time
- Complaints: 1300 362 072 (Calls from mobile phones are charged at mobile phone rates)
- Norfolk Island:1800 1354
- Overseas callers: +61 2 6276 0111
- By mail: Commonwealth Ombudsman, GPO Box 442, Canberra ACT 2601
More information about services available to assist you to make a complaint is available here.