The Ombudsman's office holds PID community of practice roundtables in Australian capital cities throughout the year.
To register your interest for future sessions in your city, send an email to PID@ombudsman.gov.au or call us on 02 6276 3777
Thank you to everyone who has participated in all our PID Community of Practice Roundtable meetings in capital cities across Australia.
So far we have held the following successful events:
- Darwin 1 June 2016
- Canberra 24 May 2016
- Canberra (Review of the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013) 18 February 2016
- Perth 8 December 2015
- Adelaide Monday 7 December 2015
- Brisbane Monday 23 November 2015
- Darwin 7 October 2015
- Canberra 29 and 30 September 2015 (two sessions)
- Melbourne 17 September 2015
- Sydney 17 June 2015
- Canberra 30 April 2015
- Brisbane 1 December 2014
- Sydney 28 November 2014
- Melbourne 7 November 2014
- Canberra (two) 3 and 4 September 2014
- Sydney 21 August 2014
Other events have included:
- Institute of Public Administration Australia (IPAA) ACT Division webcasted seminar Tuesday 29 July 2014 - Commonwealth Public Interest Disclosure Scheme: Observations at the six month mark.
- The Commonwealth Public Interest Disclosure Scheme - various forums May 2014
- Institute of Public Administration Australia (IPAA) ACT Division seminar 22 October 2013 - Public Interest Disclosure: Strengthening Integrity.
- PID Oversight Forum 29 April 2015
To request a meeting, information or presentation on the PID scheme, contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman PID Team on 02 6276 3777 or email PID@ombudsman.gov.au.
The Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013 (PID Act) came into operation in January 2014 to encourage public officials to disclose suspected wrongdoing in the Commonwealth public sector.